[ovirt-users] Complete CentOS 7 environment

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 22:03:14 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 07:59:43AM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 15/12/2014 18:28, Aslam, Usman ha scritto:
> > Thanks for the info guys. CentOS 6 engine seems stable enough and its working great with 6 hypervisors.
> >
> > CentOS 7 hypervisors hosts are however a different story. Is nic teaming not supported?
>
> Dan?

No, we currently have no support of teaming, I'm afraid.

We hope to be able to implement it only on vdsm level, without a need
for any API change. However, fancier team options may need an extended
API relative to what we have for bonding devices.

I must admit that supporting team has lurked out there for a while, but
no explicit request for it was expressed. I you would like to see it in
oVirt, please file an RFE and fight for its inclusion in an upcoming
version.

An for improved chances, post a vdsm networking configurator that
implements "bond" as a teaming device.

Dan.