[ovirt-users] Don't start vm

Roman Nikolayevich Drovalev drovalev at kaluga-gov.ru
Tue Dec 16 10:44:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

> > answer below

> > vdsm)
> > >
> > > Do you mean - start vm fail with error about missing lv?

Yes

> > > Can you share the output of lsblk both before and after you stop the
vm?

No,  since vm does not start!

> > > Not sure what do you mean by that
>
> You did not explain what you mean

Hm, ?? vgchange ....

> > > Note: do *not* activate all lvs using "vgchange -a y"
> > > Only vdsm should activate its volumes.
> >
> > OK! If vm don`t start, how to take data from vm?
>
> Of course if you need to troubshoot the system, and the vm is not
> running, there is no problem to access the lv directly.
>
> Even then, you should *not* activate all lvs in a vg using
>
>     vgchange -a y
>
> But activate only the lv you want to access using
>
>     lvchange -a y

Thank you, did not know

> > > Mount? how mount is related to lvm?
> >
> > VM disk is lv on vdsm. I mounted lv, inside lvm on lv vdsm!
>
> You mean you activate the lv on the host?

Yes, intro LVM vdsm

> > > Please share output of lvs both before and after the vm is stopped.
> >
> > Before
> > -/dev/9d53ecef-8bfc-470b-8867-836bfa7df137/
> fb8466c9-0867-4e73-8362-2c95eea89a83
> > After   -
> > /dev/9d53ecef-8bfc-470b-8867-836bfa7df137/33b905e2-23df-49a9-
> b772-4ebda3b0cd22
>
> This not the output of lvs, these are the symlinks to the active lvs.
>
> Can you share the lvs output before and after the vm is stopped?

No,  since the vm does not start!

> > Now the problem disk has again received old ID(lvdisplay), BUT I have
> > already removed it!
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. Can you share the output of lvdisplay before
> and after the operation?

Already is not present, I have removed this problem disk

> > The Mysticism!
> >
> > At me 3 disks on 9 GB, 5 days ago I have removed them. Now I them see
till
> > now (lvdisplay on the vdsm host) Why?
>
> Did you update lvm cache using "pvscan --cache"?

No. I should after each operation with disks, do in the console "pvscan -
cache"?

> > In general my problem has begun that on Windows 2008 Vm the empty seat
has
> > come to an end.
>
> What do you mean by that?

This is first problem! Second problem - don't start the vm.

> > I have expanded volume in web gui. When I began to expand
> > a disk in VM - error.
>
> > lvdisplay on the vdsm host has shown the old size of
> > a disk!
>
> Is the volume preallocated or thin provisioned?

All my disks - prelocated.

> Preallocated volumes are extended when you modify the volume size in
> engine ui (as you described). Thin provisioned volumes are extended
> only when the available space is bellow a threshold, so the lv
> size will not change after you modify the volume size.
>

> > Sometimes normally all works!
>
> Do you mean that now everything works?

The VM it has been removed, since for a week I could not start it!

Now all works on others VM. But there were 2 problems! My problem to
understand, that I have made not so or it is a problem oVirt.
I wish to use oVirt, but is not assured of it because of these problems!

> > How I understand, probably, "all ok" when you work with VM which are
on
> > SPM host??!
>
> Lost you here.

It agree, a head around ))