[ovirt-users] Ovirt Node Heartbeat Settings

Martin Perina mperina at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 07:03:22 UTC 2014

Hi Punit,

if you are using oVirt 3.5, there are 3 new options which could help
hosts not to be fenced. In cluster detail dialog there's new tab
Fencing Policy with 3 new options:

  1. Enable Fencing
    - this option if unchecked disables fencing for all hosts in cluster
    - but this should be used with caution, it should be turned off only,
      if you are expecting some networking problems between engine and hosts
      (such as router problems, ...). Because if you disable fencing and
      host will be marked as Non Responsible, HA VMs won't be restarted on
      new host
    - this option (if unchecked) also disables further options

  2. Skip fencing if host has live lease on storage
    - this option if checked will skip fencing of host if host is connected
      to storage (to be precise if the host renews its storage lease in the
      last 90 seconds, by default each host should renew its storage lease
      every 60 seconds)

  3. Skip fencing if cluster networking in unstable
    - this options if checked will skip fencing of host if amount of hosts
      in state Connection or Non Responsive in cluster is higher than
      selected amount in percents

So I think option 2 is best solution for your issue.

Martin