[ovirt-users] ERROR 'no free file handlers in pool' while creating VM from template

Yeela Kaplan ykaplan at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 10:48:12 UTC 2014

Hi,
You are right, the problem is with the file handlers.
You can increase the number of handlers in pool using the vdsm config file, which is supposed to be under the following directory in your system:

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/vdsm/config.py

The default value for 'process_pool_max_slots_per_domain' is 10, so you can increase it by a bit, but not too much.

But I suspect the problem is in a larger scale, and this is only a temporary relief for your system and this needs much more attention and a proper fix.
could you please open a bug on RHEV/vdsm in bugzilla stating all of the details of your setup and logs?

thanks,
Yeela