[ovirt-users] EXTNET Hook and Libvirtd "Default" Network Setup

Andrew Wagner andrew.wagner at ssec.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 17 20:39:28 UTC 2014

All,

I'm testing out oVirt for one of our projects that wants to try an
all-in-one setup before going to a larger deployment. For their testing,
they want to use the default NAT'd network from libvirtd on the host.

I've install oVirt, installed the extnet hook, enabled IP forwarding in
sysctl.conf and loaded the setting, and created a vm that attaches to
the libvirtd "default" network and gets an IP. The VM can ssh to the
virbr0 IP address, in this case 192.168.122.1, to access the host.
However, the VM cannot reach any IP address off of the NAT'd subnet. I
haven't changed any of the default iptables rules that oVirt and
libvirtd create. Looking at ip route and the iptables rules, I feel that
traffic should be getting directed appropriately.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the issue may be? For some
reason, the ovirtmgmt bridge doesn't seem to be receiving or allowing
traffic from virbr0 to pass across it. I can provide more information if
that would be helpful!

Andrew Wagner