[ovirt-users] Cannot activate storage domain

Brent Hartzell brent.hartzell at outlook.com
Thu Dec 18 01:38:11 UTC 2014

Have the following:

6 hosts - virt + Gluster shared

Gluster volume is distributed-replicate - replica 2

Shutting down servers one at a time all work except for 1 brick. If we shut
down one specific brick (1 brick per host) - we're unable to activate the
storage domain. VM's that were actively running from other bricks continue
to run. Whatever was running form that specific brick fails to run, gets
paused etc.

Error log shows the entry below. I'm not certain what it's saying is read
only.nothing is read only that I can find.

2014-12-17 19:57:13,362 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.vdsbroker.SpmStatusVDSCommand]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-47) [4e9290a2] Command
SpmStatusVDSCommand(HostName = U23.domainame.net, HostId =
0db58e46-68a3-4ba0-a8aa-094893c045a1, storagePoolId =
7ccd6ea9-7d80-4170-afa1-64c10c185aa6) execution failed. Exception:
VDSErrorException: VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to
SpmStatusVDS, error = [Errno 30] Read-only file system, code = 100

2014-12-17 19:57:13,363 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.irsbroker.IrsProxyData]
(DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-47) [4e9290a2] hostFromVds::selectedVds -
U23.domainname.net, spmStatus returned null!

According to Ovirt/Gluster, if a brick goes down, the VM should be able to
be restarted from another brick without issue. This does not appear to be
the case. If we take other bricks offline, it appears to work as expected.
Something with this specific brick cases everything to break which then
makes any VM's that were running from the brick unable to start.