[ovirt-users] Setup, run and access a VNC session built from script

Nicolas Ecarnot nicolas at ecarnot.net
Fri Dec 19 09:58:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

Some months ago, I think I read something like that here, but I can not
find it...

We have several oVirt setups, and we can not change that.
We have several VMs on each of them, and sometimes, we have to access
their oVirt VNC console, but it is painful to know on which oVirt they
are running. At present, I either have to remember on which one it lies,
or to web-connect on every oVirt web GUI and crawl.

I thought I would be possible to have a DNS cname made like this :
c-myServerName, pointing to something leading to the VNC oVirt console
of the myServerName VM.

That ( <- ? ) would lead to asking oVirt to create a VNC session for the
correct VM, create the passwd, then run a noVNC session with the correct
credentials.

I'm used to play with simple oVirt shell commands, but I guess that many
things will happen in a HTML and WWW context, so I've started to play
with REST.

Does anybody knows if someone took the time to do similar things, or if
someone remembers having seen such a workflow?

Regards

--
Nicolas Ecarnot