[ovirt-users] Setup, run and access a VNC session built from script

Sven Kieske s.kieske at mittwald.de
Fri Dec 19 10:52:22 UTC 2014

On 19/12/14 10:58, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some months ago, I think I read something like that here, but I can not
> find it...
>
> We have several oVirt setups, and we can not change that.
> We have several VMs on each of them, and sometimes, we have to access
> their oVirt VNC console, but it is painful to know on which oVirt they
> are running. At present, I either have to remember on which one it lies,
> or to web-connect on every oVirt web GUI and crawl.

you can script that using REST or python sdk.

short algo (might miss some steps!):
1. crawl all engines for your vms
2. save the engine which is managing this specific vm
3. connect to the vm through novnc/whatever via ticket to this
engine

this should take not that much time :)

hth

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen