[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

Blaster Blaster at 556nato.com
Sun Dec 21 05:56:12 UTC 2014

On 12/12/2014 10:08 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> If your existing raw images are from an ovirt storage domain you can
> keep it as is and import the entire storage domain or specific vms
> from it.
> That's a new 3.5 feature. Mind you yii must first upgrade the storage
> domain to 3.5 before reinstalling

Thanks for the tip.  This didn't work for me this time.  My AIO setup
started out with 3.2, upgraded all the way up to 3.5,  I was missing the
OVF files, so I couldn't import the storage domain.  So I bit the bullet
one more time and did it the hard way (created new VMs, disks, then
copied over the old image).  This time I created a storage domain for
each VM so I can import them into a new setup individually.

Btw, what does the (master) designation by one of the storage domains
mean?  When I deleted one that was a master, it just moved to another
domain.