[ovirt-users] [RFI] oVirt 3.6 Planning

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Sun Dec 21 11:12:45 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Creating storage domain per vm is not a good idea.

The system is expecting all storage domain to be accessible by all hosts. So
if you have multiple storage domains and one become inaccessible, a host
may become non-operational, which will cause migration storm from this host
to other hosts. Basically, the more storage domains you have, your system
is more fragile.

Create new storage domains only when you must (e.g. separating testing and
production environments). For importing and exporting vms, you can use the
export domain.

Nir