[Users] (quick tip) Controlling glusterfsd CPU outbreaks with cgroups

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Tue Feb 4 03:02:53 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've seen quite a few posts with people using similar scenarios of running
gluster and ovirt on the same physical box so I think this may be relevant.
After some discussions on the gluster mailing list, I put together a quick
post [1] about how you can limit glusters CPU resources so when it comes to
self-healing etc. your VMs will have higher priority and not crawl to a
halt when glusterfsd takes all the resources.

So far, I haven't been able to apply these cgroup rules without losing the
dynamic ones set by libvirt so you must do this in maintenance mode
followed by a full host restart after following those instructions.

I'm open to suggestions and feedback.

Thanks,
Andre

[1]