[Users] Problems with migration on a VM and not detected by gui

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 14:26:58 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Meital Bourvine  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please open a bug about KeyError: 'path'?

I will do. Which component?
 during migration itself the two nodes was not aligned.
In this case on source host I had 3.3.3rc packages such as
vdsm-4.13.3-1.fc19.x86_64
and
kernel-3.12.8-200.fc19.x86_64

On dest I had already updated packages (also fedora ones) such as:
vdsm-4.13.3-3.fc19.x86_64
and
kernel-3.12.9-201.fc19.x86_64

Instead libvirt was the same on both:
libvirt-1.0.5.9-1.fc19.x86_64
qemu-kvm-1.4.2-15.fc19.x86_64

> What error did you get while trying to connect with console (vnc)?
I get "unable to connect" but sorry this was my fault. I'm using
SPiceProxy because from my client I cannot connect to port 5900 of
hypervisors.
I was also testing some days ago the vnc protocol, but obviously it
doesn't use the SPiceProxy feature......  ;-)
on my client I have in fact, as expected:
tcp        0      1 10.4.23.21:51856        10.4.4.58:5900          SYN_SENT

Going into a web console from a server that is in the same network of
hypervisors I can see the vnc console and the guest problem seems
during boot, apparently since 23rd of January... so it is normal I
can't ping it.. ;-)
I will investigate at this point the reason of the problem and report...
see screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvejFybE94WmJfQWM/edit?usp=sharing

> Did you try changing it to spice and see what happens?
SO it was not a vnc problem at all apparently.
Anyway I think I can change console type only if VM is powered off, correct?

Gianluca