[Users] My first wiki page

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 06:43:34 UTC 2014

On 02/03/2014 07:18 PM, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created my first wiki page and I'd like someone to review it and
> tell me if there's something that need to be changed (besides it does
> not have any style yet)
> The URL is
> http://www.ovirt.org/oVirt_Wiki:How_to_change_Gluster%27s_network_interface
> Regards,

Firstly, thanks for putting this information up!

Some comments -

1.  when you use different IP addresses for engine -to -gluster host
(say IP1) and gluster -to -gluster communication (say IP2), operations
from ovirt engine like add brick or remove brick would fail (as brick is
tried to be added with IP1 which gluster does not understand)

To work around this, it is better to use a FQDN both for registering the
host with engine and also to peer probe the host from gluster CLI.
You could have multiple IP addresses on the host resolve to the same FQDN.

2. To reuse a brick directory, gluster provides the force option during
volume creation as well as adding bricks. This is available from gluster
3.5 upwards.

[Adding Vijay to correct me, if I'm wrong]