[Users] ovirt engine and vdsm on same node

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 08:34:45 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Also note that doing this manually, not using the all-in-one plugin, is
unsupported and might cause problems (iirc _will_ cause). Meaning: Do _not_
do the following: install and setup engine, then add the host it's on as a
"host".

> > If so any down side ?
>
> You'll have less resources available for VMs on the host running the engine.

It's also a bit more complex, and generally considered suitable only for very
small installations (just one machine) etc. With hosted-engine, even if you start
with a single host, if you add one in the future, you'll be able to migrate the
engine VM to the other host and have HA for it.
--
Didi