[Users] New iSCSI domain problem when first input wrong password

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 17:37:35 UTC 2014

Hello,
I have a fedora 19 engine based on 3.3 final.
I installed a fedora 19 host (configured as infrastructure server) and
then installed from web gui. Then yum update of the host updated vdsm
(see separate thread I'm going to open for this).

I create iSCSI DC and add that host to it.
When I try to create the new iSCSI storage domain (sw iscsi target on
a CentOS 6.5 server) I initially input the wrong chap password so that
discovery goes ok, while authentication fails. Then I put correct pwd
but after apparently going on (I see the exposed lun) then gives error

in webadmin gui I have
2014-Feb-05, 16:57
Failed to attach Storage Domain OV01 to Data Center ISCSI. (User:
admin at internal)

2014-Feb-05, 16:57
Failed to attach Storage Domains to Data Center ISCSI. (User: admin at internal)

2014-Feb-05, 16:57
The error message for connection 192.168.230.101
iqn.2013-09.local.localdomain:c6iscsit.target11 (LUN 1IET_00010001)
returned by VDSM was: Failed to setup iSCSI subsystem

2014-Feb-05, 16:57
Storage Domain OV01 was added by admin at internal

A workaround to have it activated is then (see logs 18:11):

- put host in maintenance
-  reactivate it
- attach sd to DC
- ok (but see watermark message I don't understand)

2014-Feb-05, 18:13
The system has reached the 80% watermark on the VG metadata area size
on OV01. This is due to a high number of Vdisks or large Vdisks size
allocated on this specific VG.

2014-Feb-05, 18:13
Storage Domains were attached to Data Center ISCSI by admin at internal

2014-Feb-05, 18:13
Storage Domain OV01 (Data Center ISCSI) was activated by admin at internal

2014-Feb-05, 18:13
Storage Pool Manager runs on Host ovnode03 (Address: 192.168.33.44).

2014-Feb-05, 18:12
Data Center is being initialized, please wait for initialization to complete.

2014-Feb-05, 18:12
State was set to Up for host ovnode03.

2014-Feb-05, 18:11
Host ovnode03 was activated by admin at internal.

2014-Feb-05, 18:11
Host ovnode03 was switched to Maintenance mode by admin at internal.

See my vdsm.log and supervdsm.log
here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mval9XMnN4ZGoxa00/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mveC1KQmo1dFAtNzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Possibly initially wrong password is not optimally managed when
putting the correct one, as I see some traceback.

Gianluca