[Users] Storage server

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 12:41:06 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 12:46 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 02/06/2014 12:43 PM, Koen Vanoppen wrote:
>> Can I change the storagedomain ip from the ovirt-shell?
>> Thanks in advance
>>

> anything in the api should work from sdk and shell.
> while this falls in the storage domain, juan may know as well?

In order to change the IP of the ISCSI server you need first to shutdown
all the VMs. Then you need to deactivate the storage domain, and finally
you can change the IP. For example, if you want to change it from
192.168.122.1 to 192.168.122.2 you can do the following:

  [oVirt shell (connected)]# list storageconnections --show-all

  id     : b09b8de6-802e-4016-9c75-45e8e771ac56
  address: 192.168.122.1
  port   : 3260
  target : iqn.2014-01.com.example:example
  type   : iscsi

  [oVirt shell (connected)]# update storageconnection
b09b8de6-802e-4016-9c75-45e8e771ac56 --address 192.168.122.1

  id     : b09b8de6-802e-4016-9c75-45e8e771ac56
  address: 192.168.122.1
  port   : 3260
  target : iqn.2014-01.com.example:example
  type   : iscsi

Then you can activate the storage domain again, and start the VMs.

>> 2014-02-06 Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>>:
>>
>>     On 02/06/2014 12:03 PM, Koen Vanoppen wrote:
>>
>>         Can I change the storagedomain ip from the ovirt-shell?
>>         Thanks in advance
>>

>>     please reply to list, thanks
>>

>>         2014-02-06 Itamar Heim <iheim at redhat.com
>>         <mailto:iheim at redhat.com> <mailto:iheim at redhat.com
>>         <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>>>:
>>

>>              On 02/06/2014 05:16 AM, Koen Vanoppen wrote:
>>
>>                  It's not on DNS... The storage server in ovirt is on
>>         IP... So...
>>                  What
>>                  are my options in this case?
>>

>>              you would need to 'edit the connection'. since 3.3.1 this is
>>              possible via the rest api without hacking the db:
>>         http://www.ovirt.org/Features/____Manage_Storage_Connections
>>         <http://www.ovirt.org/Features/__Manage_Storage_Connections>
>>

>>         <http://www.ovirt.org/__Features/Manage_Storage___Connections
>>         <http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Manage_Storage_Connections>>
>>
>>                  Thanx!
>>
>>                  Kind regards,
>>                  Koen
>>
>>                  On Feb 5, 2014 9:08 AM, "Itamar Heim" <iheim at redhat.com
>>         <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>
>>                  <mailto:iheim at redhat.com <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>>
>>                  <mailto:iheim at redhat.com <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>
>>         <mailto:iheim at redhat.com <mailto:iheim at redhat.com>>>> wrote:
>>
>>                       On 02/04/2014 03:10 PM, Elad Ben Aharon wrote:
>>
>>                           Actually, the best way to do it would be to
>>         create another
>>                           storage domain and migrate all the VMs's disks
>>         to it
>>                  (you can do
>>                           it while the VMs are running), then you won't
>>         suffer
>>                  from a down
>>                           time.
>>

>>                       notice this will create a snapshot for your vms
>>         and may
>>                  change them
>>                       from raw to qcow. also, this not supported for
>>         shared disks.
>>
>>                           If you don't have the option to do so, the
>>         best way to
>>                  do it
>>                           would be to shut down the VMs, put the storage
>>         domain to
>>                           'Maintenance' and then perform the storage
>>         server network
>>                           change. When the connection to the storage is
>>         fixed,
>>                  activate
>>                           the domain and resume the VMs manually.
>>

>>                       that's assuming the domain was added using dns and
>>         not ip
>>                  address,
>>                       and that the dns expiration/caching on all hosts will
>>                  notice the new
>>                       ip address.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain