[Users] oVirt or RHEV ?

Martijn Grendelman martijn.grendelman at isaac.nl
Thu Feb 6 15:06:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

This may be the wrong place to ask, but I'm looking for input to form an
opinion on an "oVirt or RHEV" question within my company.

I have been running oVirt for about 5 months now, and I'm quite
comfortable with its features and maintenance procedures. We are now
planning to build a private virtualization cluster for hosting clients'
applications as well as our own. Some people in the company are
questioning whether we should buy RHEV, but at this point, I can't see
the benefits.

Can anyone on this list shed a light on when RHEV might be a better
choice than oVirt? What are the benefits? The trade-offs?

I am looking for pragmatic, real-world things, not marketing mumbo
jumbo. That, I can get from redhat.com ;-)

Best regards,
Martijn.