[Users] oVirt or RHEV ?

Dave Neary nearyd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 18:35:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 02/06/2014 05:18 PM, Martijn Grendelman wrote:
> Would it be possible (and doable) to migrate from oVirt to RHEV?
>
> If we start out with oVirt, but after some time we decide that RHEV
> would be a better fit after all, would it be possible to hook up
> existing oVirt/VDSM hosts to a RHEV engine, or am I thinking way too
> simple now?

My understanding is that you can manage oVirt Node with RHEV-M. That
isn't a long term solution, but it allows you to:

- Point RHEV-M at the oVirt export domains
- Shut down oVirt Engine
- Provision some RHEV-H hypervisors
- Live migrate workloads from oVirt Node to RHEV-H
- Shut down oVirt Nodes and move to RHEV-H when they're empty

I think that someone from the oVirt/RHEV team would have to validate
this approach, but it seems to me that this should work.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary, Lyon, France
Email: dneary at gnome.org / Jabber: nearyd at gmail.com
Ph: +33 950 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13