[Users] Timezone Hypervisor/VM

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Fri Feb 7 15:26:26 UTC 2014

Hello,

you are right. Only Windows VMs show that behaviour. But for Linux the
problem is even more strange: Have a look at my database for a specific
Linux VM:

engine=# select a.vm_name,b.utc_diff from vm_static a, vm_dynamic b where a.vm_guid=b.vm_guid;
     vm_name      | utc_diff
 colvm53          |  -271973

Logging into the VM it shows the correct time but the hardware clock is far away according to utc_diff:

colvm53:~ # hwclock
Tue Feb  4 12:49:21 2014  -0.173138 seconds
colvm53:~ # date
Fri Feb  7 16:20:42 CET 2014

Maybe because it reads the KVM/QEMU timing values another way than Windows.

Markus