[Users] Best way to request a new feature?

Bob Doolittle bob at doolittle.us.com
Fri Feb 7 17:36:48 UTC 2014

What's the best way to request a new feature?

Do we manage a Wiki page for this somewhere? Or should I just open a
bug/rfe?

The feature I'd like to see:

It would be nice if the Admin page had an indication either on the VMs
page or in the left navigation frame when everything is in place for
starting VMs.

Here's an example scenario to illustrate why this would be useful:

Every morning I power up my Engine and Host machines. The first thing I
have to do is Activate my Host, and then monitor it while it comes up,
Contends and eventually assumes SPM responsibility. Then I can change to
the tab with my VMs and start up the one(s) I need, and open their consoles.

But I have to watch the Host tab until SPM is established, because when
looking at the VMs page there's no indication whether they can be
started up yet or not. Nothing unless I try to start one, and get a
pop-up error.

Additional useful features:

Is there any way to cause a VM to automatically power on as soon as
oVirt is ready to do so?
Is there any way to cause a console to automatically open up as soon as
a VM is started?

-Bob