[Users] Can't open ovirt console using Spice or VNC - help!

Drew Showers drew at augurworks.com
Sun Feb 9 19:00:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm a nube with ovirt, but have the ovirt-engine and 1 remote host up and
running (separate physical servers, same subnet). The network, DNS. NFS all
work. I can create VM's, install the ISO OS with no problems. Here is were
I get stuck.

After a frustrating few hours trying to get a console to launch on my mac,
I broke down and created a new Centos 6.4 Desktop VM using Fusion. I've
installed -

spice-xpi (yum install spice-xpi)
virt-manager (yum install virt-manager)

Using Firefox, if I try to open the console from the ovirt admin using
Spice browser plugin or native client options, nothing happens (no errors
either), other than message saying the user is initiating a console
session.

If using VNC, then it wants to either download the console.vv or open it
with the default viewer, which throws and error "Unable to connect to the
graphics server file"

So, I'm stuck in going any further until I get this worked out. No VM IP or
host name  (unless I'm missing something)... I actually find this quite
unfriendly. I know similar issues have been discussed previously, but none
have solved my problem. BTW: I'm running Centos 6.5 on both the engine and
host.

I'm not sure if I'm missing additional packages or what. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew