[Users] Fwd: Re: Fencing Options

René Koch rkoch at linuxland.at
Tue Feb 11 11:06:06 UTC 2014

Missed the Reply List button...

On 10.02.2014 17:57, Maurice James wrote:
> How do I enable the other fencing agents that are not shown in the
> power management list of the hosts? Like idrac and drac7?

I suggest to use IPMI fencing, as it works with most Interfaces. I use
it also for DRAC interfaces without problems.

If you want to add custom fence agents, make sure they exist on your
system (e.g. /usr/sbin/fence_idrac) and follow these instructions on how
to add them to oVirt:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg13433.html

But again, if fence_ipmilan works, use it...

Regards,
René