[Users] Can't open ovirt console using Spice or VNC - help!

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Tue Feb 11 12:48:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 07:01 -0500, Drew Showers wrote:
> Ah sorry. The vm guest is CentOS 6.4 or 6.5 depending in the ISO image used. Yes graphics driver package.

NP, just so we´re on the same page here:)

> I have virt-viewer on my CentOS vm running on my Mac. It works, but the Mac mouse is unusable when installing CentOS on the guest using remote-viewer.

Does the mouse work when running remote(virt)-viewer directly from your
Mac to the same CentOS guest using the mentioned instructions[1]?

[1]: http://www.ovirt.org/SPICE_Remote-Viewer_on_OS_X

> I have another machine running native CentOS. But remote-viewer won't launch because it can't connect to the graphics server. I'm guessing it's missing some drivers.

No drivers are needed in the machine you´re viewing from. Only
guest-side drivers are needed, and in Linux, they´re already there:)

What you are experiencing is some kind of network-related issue. You
need to make sure that the other "native" CentOS-machine can connect
properly to the Host running the Guest via a resolvable address, because
it will want to establish an encrypted session with the Host´s fqdn.

/K

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar

Karli Sjöberg
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences Box 7079 (Visiting Address
Kronåsvägen 8)
S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
karli.sjoberg at slu.se