[Users] test day help -- console

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 08:43:18 UTC 2014

On 11 Feb 2014, at 23:57, Greg Sheremeta <gshereme at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm having a tough time getting a VM console working via VNC. I set a VM to use VNC, and I installed virt-viewer.
>
> 1. When I try to open a .vv file with virt-viewer, I get an error "Cannot find guest domain /var/tmp/console.vv"

Old virt-viewer. Where did you get it from?

> 2. Using a VNC client to connect to the host with the password in the .vv file just immediately disconnects it -- no error message.

Did you make it in 120s? Certificates?

> 3. noVNC just gives me an empty popup with a gray background.

You didn't import the engine's CA, did you?

> Any ideas?

The Console Downloads page has all the info to get it work, did you check it out? (linked from main landing page, display options, user portal...so you shouldn't moss it;)

Thanks,
michal