[Users] Problems accesing the database

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 17:01:20 UTC 2014

Hi Sahina,

Sorry to ping you directly, but you were of great help last time. I'm
also copying the list.
In the process of recreating the DC I've decided to migrate the engine
from a virtualbox vm to a bare metal host and I can't get engine-backup
to restore the engine.
Both are Centos 6.5 with engine 3.3.3, but in the new box I can't log to
the database with psql -U engine -W
The error is:

[root at centos-ovirt ~]# engine-backup --mode=restore
--file=/root/backup_20140212.bkp --log=/root/restore.log
Restoring...
FATAL: Can't connect to the database

I've added to pg_hba.conf the lines I found in the web:

host    all    all    md5

and tryied with the conf from the one that works but nothing.
Any clues?
Regards,