[Users] test day help -- console

Michal Skrivanek mskrivan at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 17:16:42 UTC 2014

On 12 Feb 2014, at 10:09, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yep. For some reason only remote-viewer works. No idea why

>>> 2. Using a VNC client to connect to the host with the password in the .vv
>>> file just immediately disconnects it -- no error message.
>
> For vv files I use the following script:

> #!/bin/sh
>
> LOG=$HOME/vv1.log
> echo ===================== $(date) >> $LOG
> echo params "$@" >> $LOG
>
> vvfile="$1"
> host=$(sed -n 's/^host=\([a-zA-Z0-9-]*\).*/\1/p' "$vvfile")
> port=$(sed -n 's/^port=\([0-9]*\).*/\1/p' "$vvfile")
> echo "$host" >> $LOG
> echo "$port" >> $LOG
> sed -n 's/^password=\(.*\)/\1/p' "$vvfile" | vncviewer -autopass "${host}::${port}" &
>
> sleep 2
> /bin/rm -f "$vvfile"
>
> Verified now that it works (I seldom use it because the default is spice
> which works for me).

Remote-viewer should work the same for VNC. For cclient of choice yes, your script is the one to use

>> Did you make it in 120s?
>
> That was the main reason for this script :-)
>
>> Certificates?
>
> Didn't bother with that.

Alon would be happy to hear that I'm sure:-D
I agree, in reality noone bothers.

>>> 3. noVNC just gives me an empty popup with a gray background.
>>
>> You didn't import the engine's CA, did you?
>>

>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> The Console Downloads page has all the info to get it work, did you check it
>> out? (linked from main landing page, display options, user portal...so you
>> shouldn't moss it;)
>
> You refer to 'Console Client Resources', which links to [1]?
> I had to do some manual work to get spice-xpi working on Debian as it's not
> packaged for it (and iirc neither are some of the dependencies).

Yes. If you have some handy tips for Debian please feel free to update the page