[Users] [rhevm-api] Assign IP address to VM using Java SDK

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Thu Feb 13 08:23:55 UTC 2014

Yes, there is REST support, but for ovirt < 3.4 the
JSON submitted data format is incomplete, this is just documented
in a BZ somewhere.

So in order to pass all data successfully, you need to use XML.
(especially for the root password)

JSON should be supported from 3.4 but I didn't test this myself
yet.

PS: Be aware: IPv6 is not supported as well, you might want to write
your own cloud-init parser script and pass additional info via
the "attach text file" method.

HTH

Am 13.02.2014 06:59, schrieb Oved Ourfalli:

> Omer - we have REST API support for cloud-init, right?--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen