[Users] oVirt all-in-one install on an already in production server

Gordon Thagard gthagard at crawfordtech.com
Thu Feb 13 18:51:51 UTC 2014

I have several questions as I have ZERO experience with oVirt and I'm
hoping to save myself any headaches before diving in.

For the sake of argument, I have a Centos 6.5 box running KVM with
several VMs already active. The storage is local, hardware RAID 5 and is
set to libvirt default /var/lib/libvirt/images. I would make ISO storage
something like /home/iso as that's where I have available space for
20-30 gigs of ISOs.

1. Is this proper in the first place or should I be using freshly
installed Virtualization enabled machine? Otherwise:

2. For storage type should I say POSIXFS, ie ext4?

3. Is there any issue with just pointing storage to the libvirt
default /var/lib/libvirt/images where my VMs currently live?

Thank you for your time.