[Users] persisting selinux nightmare

David Smith dsmith at mypchelp.com
Fri Feb 14 20:19:53 UTC 2014

I'm using the ovirt iso image and can't seem to get selinux to persist off
no matter what i do.

With selinux enforcing, SSHD isnt working, can't install or use the hosts.
With it disabled, all seems to work, but after reboot, boom its enforcing
again.

I even edited /etc/selinux/config and changed it to permissive, then used
"persist config" to persist the file. I reboot, I see the file is still
changed, but selinux is back into enforcing mode (getenforce)

what gives?

I'm using this iso image, is this the latest one? It seems really hard to
navigate the various old links in docs and such to find the most up to date
isos.
ovirt-node-iso-3.0.3-1.1.vdsm.fc19.iso