[Users] [rhevm-api] Assign IP address to VM using Java SDK

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 17:18:53 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 04:55 PM, Shahar Havivi wrote:
> On 18.02.14 17:56, Tejesh M wrote:
>> I want to assign random password for Administrator & IP address through
>> API, as we did for Linux OS using Cloud-init.
> You suppose to run it via the API as you run regular VM (start action) and set the values in
> the body:
> do a PUT method to:
> http://[HOST]:[PORT]/api/vms/[VM-GUID]/start
>
> The body of the method:
> <action>
> <vm>
>   <domain>
>      <user_name>.. </user_name>
>      <password>... </password>
>   </domain>
> </vm>
> </action>

that's for the user/password to join the domain, not to set the admin
password of the machine.
Tejesh - you can set this password for all machines via the config
though. but for per-machine, you'd need to:
1. open an RFE.
2. workaround: pass the entire syspref.inf file as a floppy payload
(hmmm, i can't remember if we support floppy payload or not)