[Users] Unable to Remove Template, if VM exists.

Dafna Ron dron at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 08:53:30 UTC 2014

As long as the vm is linked to the template (which means you created the
vm as a thin provision copy) you cannot delete the template.
what you can do to work around this is:
1. export the vm and template to an export domain
2. delete the vm and template from the source setup only
3. try to import the vm as clone

other way is:
1. create a template from the vm
2. create a new vm from the template (make sure to create a clone and
not a thin copy this time :))

Dafna

On 02/19/2014 06:22 AM, Tejesh M wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm not able to Delete Template, if the VM is exists which is deployed
> from that Template. How can i delete Template leaving the VM as is?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Tejesh

Dafna Ron