[Users] Ovirt 3.3.2 Cannot attach POSIX (gluster) storage domain

Nir Soffer nsoffer at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 09:13:15 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Steve Dainard" <sdainard at miovision.com>
> To: "Nir Soffer" <nsoffer at redhat.com>
> Cc: "users" <users at ovirt.org>
> Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:42:37 PM
> Subject: Re: [Users] Ovirt 3.3.2 Cannot attach POSIX (gluster) storage domain
>
> Enabled logging, logs attached.

According to sanlock and gluster log:

1. on the host, sanlock is failing write to the ids volume
2. on the gluster side we see failure to heal the ids file.

This looks like glusterfs issue, and should be handled by glusterfs folks.

You probably should configure sanlock log level back to the default by commenting
out the configuration I suggested in the previous mail.

According to gluster configuration in this log, this looks like 2 replicas with auto quorum.
This setup is not recommended because both machines must be up all the time.
When one machine is down, your entire storage is down.

Check this post explaining this issue:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2014-February/021541.html

Thanks,
Nir