[Users] oVirt 3.4 pre-release and GlusterFS support (F19)

Brad House brad at monetra.com
Thu Feb 20 20:23:07 UTC 2014

I've been testing the 3.4 prerelease on Fedora 19.  When I create a GlusterFS
(not POSIXFS) storage group and create a VM with a disk image on the storage
group, I see a POSIX mount created on the host.  Upon further investigation,
when evaluating the executed qemu command line, it doesn't appear qemu is
being told to use libgfapi but rather that previously observed POSIX mount.

One other note, I'm specifically testing the hosted engine, and haven't
tested using the non-hosted variant.

The question is .... is this expected behavior, and if so, is it because
of the hosted engine?  Or is this some form of regression from the
advertised feature list of oVirt 3.3?  Anything I should try or look at?
I'm obviously concerned about the FUSE overhead with Gluster and would
like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!
-Brad