[Users] Problem setting up a ovirt node / engine on a Minimal CentOS 6.5

Andy Michielsen andy.michielsen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 14:18:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

Maybe I'm not asking my question at the right guy's but here I go.

I installed a clean CentOS 6.5 on a new DELL server and wanted to use it to
install oVirt 3.3.x.x
I changed the ifcfg-eth0 file to get it connected to the internet and did a
yum -y update.

Then I added some repositories to get the oVirt packages :
- yum -y install
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
- yum -y install
http://resources.ovirt.org/releases/ovirt-release-el.noarch.rpm

Installed the ovirt engine first with yum -y install ovirt-engine and than
run the setup by engine-setup.

So far so good.

I can log into the oVirt website and see that there is nothing there.

Then I want to install yum -y install vdsm vdsm-cli and wanted to add the
ifcfg-ovirtmgmt bridge and that's where thing go wrong.

Obviously I did something wrong but I don't know what. Any help would be
greatly appriciated.

Kind regards.