[Users] Live migration of Windows guests with VirtIO disk interface

Jure Kranjc jure.kranjc at arnes.si
Tue Feb 25 15:00:01 UTC 2014

Hello,

this topic is quite old but I got the same problem recently and couldn't
find reliable information.. Here is the question:

Is live migration of Windows guests, which use VirtIO disk interface
possible in latest stable release (3.3.3) and latest libvirt on EL6?

We are currently using 3.3.1 on EL6 and plan to upgrade to 3.3.3 this
week. We can't live migrate Windows guests, which use VirtIO disk
interface and scsi driver 0.1.59. Further on, Windows server 2012
doesn't update from virtio 0.1-74 iso as the drivers look the same to
it. Windows with IDE interface migrate OK but the performance is much
worse, so that isn't an option.
I can later provide log files and package versions, but before I do
that, I just want to ask users if I am missing something. Thanks.

Jure Kranjc