[Users] concurrent SPICE access [was: Re: oVirt 3.5 planning]

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Thu Feb 27 09:15:32 UTC 2014

I just tested it again via the implemented novnc solution in ovirt
3.3.3-2 el6.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Make a vm accessible via novnc
2. click the console button in webadmin
3. a new browser window appears
4. click the console button again
5. a new browser window appears.

6. put the windows side by side, then type in some words in
a shell in window 1 and watch the words also appear in window 2.

I don't know if this is a bug, as far as I understand websocketproxy
and novnc there is no way how the websocketproxy could now about
existing sessions as it forks a subprocess per each session, so it
must keep a database or similar to track which session is which subprocess.
but even this wouldn't work as the websocketproxy just makes the
connection to the compute node hosting the vm, the websocketproxy
does not now to which vm you connect (afaik).

Is this a bug or a feature?

Try it yourself.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen