[Users] oVirt 3.5 planning

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 07:33:17 UTC 2014

On 02/28/2014 01:14 AM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 02/27/2014 09:35 PM, Liviu Elama wrote:
>> I think it will be nice to have:
>>
>> 1. A VM appliance to do backups using the backup APIs or add this
>> functionality in engine
>
> I'd rather see integrated with backup solutions to tackle this
> (hopefully, there are relevant open source ones as well)
>
>> 2. engine to create and maintain gluster geo-replication
>
> sahina - thoughts?

Yes, managing and monitoring gluster geo-replication from oVirt is on
the roadmap.
We had started some work on designing it
(http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Gluster_Geo_Replication), but had to
abandon it due to other priorities.

Though this may not make it to 3.5, could you review the feature page
and tell us if these are the features of Geo replication that you were
looking for?