[Users] Help - Cannot run VM. Invalid time zone for given OS type.

Dan Ferris dferris at prometheusresearch.com
Thu Jan 2 19:12:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

Has anyone run across this error:

Cannot run VM. Invalid time zone for given OS type.

The OS type for these VMs is set to Linux Other.  They were all exported
from an Ovirt 3.2 cluster and are being reimported into an Ovirt 3.3
cluster.  None of these VMs will boot.  We also can't delete them
because delete protection is enabled and we can't edit the VM to turn
off delete protection.

Does anyone know what this error means exactly and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Dan