[Users] R: tuned profile for Centos hosts -- new Bugzilla orRegression

Sander Grendelman sander at grendelman.com
Wed Jan 8 07:57:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 7:35 AM, Doron Fediuck <dfediuck at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> As far as I know, tuned is not available in centos. So we first need to verify tuned exists.
> Once available, we'll be able to handle
> the relevant profiles for hypervisors.
>
> Can anyone confirm tuned availability on centos?

Yes, I can confirm that:

[root at gnkvm11 ~]# yum info tuned
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Installed Packages
Name        : tuned
Arch        : noarch
Version     : 0.2.19
Release     : 13.el6
Size        : 222 k
Repo        : installed
>From repo   : base
Summary     : A dynamic adaptive system tuning daemon
URL         : https://fedorahosted.org/tuned/
License     : GPLv2+
Description : The tuned package contains a daemon that tunes system
settings dynamically.
            : It does so by monitoring the usage of several system
components periodically.
            : Based on that information components will then be put
into lower or higher
            : power saving modes to adapt to the current usage.
Currently only ethernet
            : network and ATA harddisk devices are implemented.

[root at gnkvm11 ~]# ls /etc/tune-profiles/
active-profile  desktop-powersave   functions
laptop-battery-powersave  sap               spindown-disk
virtual-guest
default         enterprise-storage  laptop-ac-powersave
latency-performance       server-powersave  throughput-performance
virtual-host
[root at gnkvm11 ~]#