[Users] too many bouces information message..

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 22:34:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

It may be related to the IPv6 bounce we got from a spam filtering
service recently. RP Herrold suggested that we add an IPv6 PTR for
linode01 and see if that fixes it, and I have requested that from IT
services here in Red Hat, who control the DNS records.

Will keep everyone posted, we'll see if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
Dave.

On 01/08/2014 11:31 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 01/09/2014 12:27 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>> Already received some weeks ago this kind of message I just received
>> today:
>>
>> "
>> Your membership in the mailing list Users has been disabled due to
>> excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
>> 08-Jan-2014.  You will not get any more messages from this list until
>> you re-enable your membership.  You will receive 3 more reminders like
>> this before your membership in the list is deleted.
>>
>> To re-enable your membership, you can simply respond to this message
>> ..
>> "
>>
>> At the mean time I just re-enabled my membership receiving
>> confirmation message.
>> What could be the reason? I'm only normally using via web my gmail
>> account that I use for other mailing lists too, without any
>> problem....
>> A difference is that I statistically find more messages from the list
>> that gmails initally puts into spam and that I mark as "not spam"....
>>
>> Any hint here?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gianluca
>>

> we're not sure why, but gmail considers us as spammers since we send the
> same email to a few hundrends gmail accounts registered to users at ovirt.org.

Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13