[Users] Experience with low cost NFS-Storage as VM-Storage?

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Thu Jan 9 07:48:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 08:35 +0100, squadra wrote:
> Right, try multipathing with nfs :)

Yes, that´s what I meant, maybe could have been more clear about that,
sorry. Multipathing (and the load-balancing it brings) is what really
separates iSCSI from NFS.

What I´d be interested in knowing is at what breaking-point, not having
multipathing becomes an issue. I mean, we might not have such a big
VM-park, about 300-400 VMs. But so far running without multipathing
using good ole' NFS and no performance issues this far. Would be good to
know beforehand if we´re headed for a wall of some sorts, and about
"when" we´ll hit it...

/K