[Users] Experience with low cost NFS-Storage as VM-Storage?

squadra squadra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 08:09:23 UTC 2014

another point is, that a correct configured multipathing is way more solid
when it comes to a single path outage. at the software side, i have seen
countless nfs servers which where unresponsive because of lockd issues for
example, and only a reboot fixed this since its kernel based.

another contra for me is, that its rather complicated and a 50/50 chance
that a nfs failover in a nfs ha setup works without any clients dying.

dont get me wrong, nfs is great for small setups. its easy to setup, easy
to scale, i use it very widespread for content sharing and homedirs. but i
am healed regarding vm images on nfs.