[Users] Experience with low cost NFS-Storage as VM-Storage?

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Thu Jan 9 08:20:40 UTC 2014

If that is really a concern for the initial question about a "low cost NFS
solution" LACP on the NFS filer side will mitigate the bottleneck from
too many hypervisors.

My personal headache is the I/O performance of QEMU. More details here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-discuss/2013-12/msg00028.html
Or to make it short: Each I/O in a VM gets a penalty of 370us. That is much
more than in ESX environments.

I would be interested if this the same in ISCSI setups.

Markus