[Users] Experience with low cost NFS-Storage as VM-Storage?

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Thu Jan 9 08:39:58 UTC 2014

I guess you did not take time to read the hole post. The latency I speak
of comes ontop the NFS latency. So my setup has

- 83us latency per I/O in the hypervisor on a NFS share
- 450us latency per I/O in the VM on a disk hosted on the same NFS share

If ISCSI could reduce latency to 40us instead of 83us in our wishfulst dreams
the QEMU penalty hits too hard.

Markus