[Users] virtualized engine / port to self-hosted engine

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Thu Jan 9 15:13:23 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sven Kieske" <S.Kieske at mittwald.de>
> To: "Doron Fediuck" <dfediuck at redhat.com>
> Cc: users at ovirt.org
> Sent: Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:38:55 PM
> Subject: Re: [Users] virtualized engine / port to self-hosted engine
>
> Hi Doron,
>
> I'm very sorry, I just didn't see it.
Not a problem. I agree this page can be improved.
For this is the reason I created the simplified
http://www.ovirt.org/Hosted_Engine_Howto

As you can see it provides the basic installation
flows and explanations.

> The page is very long, so maybe we can
> divide this page into several sub pages for
> better readability?

Sure.
Would you like to try and we'll help?

> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
>
> And a question:
>
> "Only one VM is deployed and managed by HA daemons (support for
> additional VMs to be added at a later stage)."
>
> What does that mean? The ability to self-host multiple engines
> at a time, or a different HA-Setup with two active/active or
> active/passive vms?
> Something else?

The idea is to allow other types of HA VMs, running something
else. for example, let's define a profile of a VM running a DB.
This means we may need to monitor other resources than we would
do for hosted engine VM. So this requires some more work...