[Users] Network not sync and problems reconfiguring

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 09:53:08 UTC 2014

Hi Lior,

I'll try to elaborate between lines:

On 09/01/14 18:31, Lior Vernia wrote:
> Hi Juan,
>
> I'm not sure I understand a couple of things, could you elaborate?
>
> 0. What version engine are you running?
3.3.1 when the problem appeared, but now I moved to 3.3.2
> 1. "Out of the blue" - no trigger that you can think of, that would help
> retrace the cause?
The only thing I can think of was a reboot (clean) of the engine VM (not
self hosted, just a vbox VM). After the problem appeared, I started
making many changes and tests so I can't recreate the exact scenario at
this time.

> 2. From your other e-mail, I understand that somehow the management
> network lost its VLAN tagging, and that it shows as out-of-sync in the
> Setup Host Networks dialog. Correct?
Yes. Also other LN where out of sync, but the hosts had differences in
which LN went out of sync. All of them have ovirtmgmt out of sync.

> 3. Do I understand correctly that even though it's marked as
> out-of-sync, you don't see the "synchronize" checkbox when editing the
> network on the host (little pencil icon)?
It doesn't. I made some tests and I found that it's a problem with
firefox (mine is version 26 over Fedora 19). It's showing things a
little bit bigger than chrome and so the sync option is not shown in the
edit window. Other functions also are not working properly, for
instance, if I choose a particular item into a category (host, vm, etc)
in the left tree, the right frame does not change, I have to choose the
group (hosts, vms, etc) and choose the particular item among all the
listed in the right frame. I've checked and firefox 22 on windows has
the same behavior. This started to happen after I upgraded from 3.3.0 to
3.3.1 but never saw the lack of the sync option until now.