[Users] Using oVirt in mini datacenter

Novel Kumar novel.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 08:30:43 UTC 2014

Hi Guyz,

I have a requirement to compare vCenter features with oVirt in data center
usage. I have a done a deep comparison of features and oVirt seems to be a
good opensource alternative for Vmware.

Can some one provide a lab requirement for setting up a mini oVirt setup.
Does it require a dedicated DHCP and DNS server?

My Requirement:

To setup a mini datacenter using oVirt for demo purpose and feature
comoparison with Vmware. I need HA , load balancing an fault tolerance. I
also need to setup authetication with our current corp email address which
is based on AD.

This is what i was able to figure out.

1. At least three physical servers .
2. One shared storage among the 3 servers [for live migration]
3. A DHCP server running on Linux [OR can i use my existing DHCP server
which is running in Windows]
4. A DNS server [Or can i use an existing DNS server]

What else is required.. Please help...

Regards,
Novel