[Users] noVNC https certs

Neil Schulz neil.schulz at neteasy.us
Mon Jan 13 21:09:19 UTC 2014

I use oVirt-Engine web interface to connect to the console. I was saying
I go to that link to accept the certificate, which then allows me to
connect to the noVNC page. Supposedly, importing that cert prevents you
from having to do that continuously. However, that is not working
correctly for me, in Chrome.

-Neil

On 1/13/2014 3:50 PM, Joop wrote:
> Neil Schulz wrote:
>> I am able to gain noNVC access by going to https://<FQDN>:6100,
>> however, I'm trying to find a practical, permanent solution, to make
>> it more user friendly for clients. The firewall is allowing
>> connections to it.
> Are you trying to directly access noVNC throught that URL?
> I use the webui and click on the console icon/button and then FF opens
> a new tab with the console in it. Looking at the address bar it shows
> some magic url but nothing that I can see that you can use directly.
>
> Joop

>>> Seeing anything being logged/outputted by the webproxy if you run it
>>> on the commandline instead of a service?
>>>
>>> I have recently got noVNC working and I, ehhh, had a firewall in the
>>> way :-)
>>> Make sure you can connect to engine:6100 from you client and that
>>> engine can connect to your hosts. Its highly unlikely that this is
>>> your problem but ...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Joop

Suite 200 Richmond, VA 23230