[Users] Attach NFS storage to multiple datacenter

Amedeo Salvati amedeo at oscert.net
Thu Jan 16 19:35:15 UTC 2014

Il 16/01/2014 18:00, users-request at ovirt.org ha scritto:
> [...]
you can decrease the downtime by:

- live snapshot VM1;
- clone VM1 from snapshot to VM1-NEW (during this process VM1 is
up&running);
- export VM1-NEW to export domain (VM1 up&running);
- detach export domain from old DC;
- attach export domain to new DC;
- import VM1-NEW (VM1 still up&running);
- start VM1-NEW on single mode and configure;
- stop apps from VM1 (downtime);
- optionally sync app data from VM1 to VM1-NEW (downtime);
- start apps on VM1-NEW (apps up&running on new DC).
- stop VM1 on old DC.

HTH

Amedeo Salvati
RHC{DS,E,VA} - LPIC-3 - UCP - NCLA 11