[Users] Horrid performance during disk I/O

Blaster blaster at 556nato.com
Fri Jan 17 04:13:12 UTC 2014

I finally found time to switch from virtio-scsi to virtio.  Seems to have make a big difference.

The windows VMs boot faster, web pages load faster, same with the Fedora 20 VMs.
Everything just feels smoother.

I found this interesting presentation:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/CloudOpen2013_Khoa_Huynh_v3.pdf

Claims virtio blk and scsi are the same speed.  Although, it doesn’t mention if this was with or without data plane enabled.

When will data plane be the default?